2 x TEACHERS – required for 1st September 2021
Full Time, fixed term – subject to pupil numbers
UPS/MPS & SEN 1 ALLOWANCE
A secondment opportunity would be considered but candidates would need the agreement of their Governing Body prior to interview.
Governors are seeking an excellent teacher to join our outstanding team in the new Mayfield School. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Campus Whitehaven community which opened to pupils in January 2019. The school is a purpose built special school with a wide range of excellent facilities.
Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to raising standards and improving outcomes for pupils with SEND.
- Be a resilient, dynamic and innovative class teacher.
- Be able to work in close partnership with families and healthcare professionals to support young people’s cognitive, communication, emotional, physical and sensory development.
- Be able to motivate, lead and inspire young people.
- Have energy, enthusiasm, a positive attitude to life and a love of learning.
- Be able to lead a team of classroom based teaching assistants.
- Understand the role of assessment in supporting students to make the best possible progress in all aspects of their learning.
- Have experience of or a commitment to CPD in Special Educational Needs.
Candidates should be prepared to teach young people with severe and complex needs. A great opportunity for a practicing teacher to develop a deeper understanding of pupils with SEND in an outstanding purpose built new environment.
The school is committed to developing leadership skills with a strong focus on CPD and action research.
Mayfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people, and therefore appointments will be subject to satisfactory health checks, professional references and enhanced DBS check, plus self-disclosure.
Candidates are encouraged to send a supporting letter with their application, indicating any subject specialisms.
Closing Date: 4.00pm, Wednesday 31st March 2021
Shortlisting: Thursday 1st April 2021
Interview Dates: Tuesday 20th / Wednesday 21st April 2021
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
“Thank you for your interest in the current teaching vacancies. If you are successful at shortlisting you will be offered an interview and provided with a self-disclosure form .
Any information disclosed will remain confidential and will be discussed at interview with the panel. Therefore you are not required to complete the final question of page 4/ top of page 5 of the CCC application form.”