CLASS TEACHER POST – Key Stage 2 – required for September 2019.
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract – 1 year (Maternity Cover)
UPS/MPS & SEN 1 ALLOWANCE
Governors are seeking an excellent teacher to join our outstanding team in the new Mayfield School. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Campus Whitehaven community which opened to pupils on 8th January 2019. The school is a purpose built special school with a wide range of excellent facilities.
Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to raising standards and improving outcomes for pupils with SEND.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a class group in the Lakes Department.
• Be a resilient, dynamic and innovative class teacher.
• Be able to work in close partnership with families and healthcare professionals to support young people’s cognitive, communication, emotional, physical and sensory development.
• Be able to motivate, lead and inspire young people.
• Have energy, enthusiasm, a positive attitude to life and a love of learning.
• Be able to lead a team of classroom based teaching assistants.
• Understand the role of assessment in supporting students to make the best possible progress in all aspects of their learning.
• Have experience of or a commitment to CPD in Special Educational Needs.
Candidates should be prepared to teach young people with severe and complex needs. A great opportunity for a practicing teacher to develop a deeper understanding of pupils with SEND in an outstanding purpose built new environment.
The school is committed to developing leadership skills with a strong focus on CPD and action research.
Mayfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people, and therefore appointments will be subject to satisfactory health checks, references and enhanced DBS check, plus the self-declaration check.
Candidates are encouraged to visit school and to send a supporting letter with their application, indicating any subject specialisms.
For an application pack please visit the website www.mayfield.cumbria.sch.uk
Alternatively, please contact school. firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday 4th June 2019 – 12 noon
Interview Date: Monday 10th June 2019